The 25th edition of DocsBarcelona, which this year has hosted 29 feature films, 12 short films and 4 more titles in the Docs&Teens section from 26 countries around the world, has bid farewell today to 12 days of screenings and activities, with a great novelty that will be a feature of the festival from now on: the Honorary Docs Award. The award has been given this first year to the documentary filmmaker Llorenç Soler.
The highlight of the closing ceremony was the presentation of the 9 awards and a great party in the Pati de les dones at CCCB, reflecting these twenty-five years of growth of documentary cinema.
• DocsBarcelona del Mes Award: COM JO VULGUI (Samaher Alqadi)
• Young Jury Award DocsBarcelona - Reteena: ERASMUS IN GAZA (Chiara Avesani and Matteo Delbò)
• Docs&Teens Award: EN EL LLINDAR (Coraci Ruiz)
• Audience Docs Award - Moritz: ROBIN BANK (Anna Giralt)
• DOC-U Award: PAOLA (Claudia Solano, Marta Martín, Daniela Rey and Pere Neila)
• New Talent Docs Award - Filmin: REBELLION (Maria Kenworthy and Elena Sánchez)
• Amnesty Interatinal of Catalonia Award: THE TERRITORY(Alex Pritz)
• Latitud Docs Award - Antaviana: EL VENT QUE ENS MOU (Pere Puigbert)
• Special Mention: MYANMAR DIARIES (Myanmar Film Collective)
• Doc Award for Best Documentary: FIRE OF LOVE (Sara Dosa)
This 2022 edition will not end until tomorrow May 29th. It will be then when you can see again the two films awarded with the Audience Docs Award – Moritz and Doc Award for Best Documentary. The online programme will be available on Filmin –the festival’s virtual window - also until this date.