Doc Around Europe is a network of European documentary film festivals created in 2020. The common goal of the network is to promote the circulation of the films of emerging European documentary talent and to motivate the professional growth and the connection with the industry of young directors.
The festivals that form the network:
• DocsBarcelona (Spain): main documentary film Festival and Market in Spain with 25 editions executed, with over 15.000 audiences in theatres, educational section, and yearlong program over more than 70 screens.
• DOK.fest München (Munich, Germany), main initial promoter, and with 37 editions completed, is one of the largest documentary film festivals in Germany, with over 30.000 audience in theatres an educational program.
• FIPADOC (Biarritz, France), the youngest partner with 5 completed editions, but with a strong industry background, over 20.000 viewers in cinemas in Biarritz, a large New Talent focused program.
• MakeDox (Skopje, North Macedonia) a festival with 13 editions, with cared attention to cinematic narrative and talent, with a strategic look to the whole Balkan region and strong educational links.
• Verzió (Budapest, Hungary) an International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival celebrating its 19th edition, brings to the network the social and human rights approach to the talent impulse.